Gluten free, glorious baguettes are now available in your kitchen. I love to whip up a batch of these simple loaves of delight. Our French style baguettes are crusty on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. Dave loves to pick up a baguette right out of the oven and take a hearty bite into it before the bread even has a chance to cool.
Don’t stop at the loaf! Make crostini, croutons, and breadcrumbs out of this recipe. We make kickin’ garlic Parmesan toasts with baguettes that our family wrestles over.
Make it Easy
A few tips to make simple, gluten free baguettes:
- Invest in a baguette pan. We LOVE our pan and bake with it several times a week.
- Make ahead a batch of Flour Farm Bread Flour Blend. We created a version with dairy and one without using our Flour Farm flour. This do-a-head trick is a real time saver.
- Keep a bottle of homemade oil & water spray handy. All you need to do is add five parts water to one part oil and shake before spraying. We spray this on our bread to prevent drying out, and to help the rise.
- Use a stand mixer to thoroughly blend the dough.
Please reach out and let us know how this recipe worked for you. Also, share your ideas in the comment section below. We enjoy hearing from you!
An important note: this recipe successfully uses Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend. This blend is found online at Amazon.com or in a few local grocery stores. If you choose to make this with another flour blend, please note that your results may differ.
Peace & LOVE -Teri
P.S. Flour Farm gives back. We are committed to bringing healthy food to members of our community. If you are looking for equipment or ingredients used to make this recipe, please consider supporting Flour Farm and 2nd Harvest by clicking on the Amazon Associate links provided below. We donate 50% of the profit made from Amazon purchases to 2nd Harvest, which is a local organization dedicated to feeding our children, our community and helping those in need. You will be sent directly to Amazon.com; we do not store any of your information. Thank you and share the love.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $12.74Was: $14.16
Price: $9.49Was: $14.99
Recipe Inspiration: Paris
Photos by DuPree Productions
Recipe Update 12/13/18 for clarification
Equipment: Digital scale (preferred), Baguette pan, Stand mixer with paddle attachment, Whisk, silicone spatula, Instant Read digital thermometer, Measuring spoons & cups, Aluminum foil, Mixing bowls (s), Non-Stick spray, Cooling Rack
To Make this Recipe Vegan, click here.
Substitutions: Do you need to swap out an ingredient? Click here.
Before You Dive In – Prep:
- Warm water to just above room temperature
- Bring eggs to room temperature and separate
- Make ahead Flour Farm Bread Flour Mix. Click on the bold link for the recipe.
- Move oven rack to center
- Place an oven safe, shallow pan on the bottom rack
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit Convection (204 degrees Celsius)
- Spray the baguette pan with non-stick spray
- Make your own non-stick spray (if using) with one part oil to five parts water. We like to spray the top of the loaf with this mix before putting into the oven.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO & Organic Ingredients.
- 148 ml (5 fl oz) Warm Filtered or Spring Water (1/2 C + 2 T)
- 1 T Honey or Cane Sugar (22g, cane sugar is 14g)
- 2 1/4 tsp of Active or Rapid Rise Yeast (7.5g)
- 2 Large Pasture Raised Egg Whites (60g)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (4g)
- 1 T Avocado Oil (or oil of choice – 15 ml)
- 250g (8.8 oz) Flour Farm Bread Flour Mix -See Prep Note Above (2 C + 1T) Do not use Flour Farm flour without blending first. Link for recipe provided above.
- 3/4 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (5g)
- 1/2 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (2.5g)
- 1/8 tsp Vitamin C Powder – Optional (pinch of Ascorbic Acid)
- 2 tsp Acacia Powder (5g) – Click on this link to read why we use this prebiotic fiber
- Have ready 1 C of water (237 ml or 8 oz)
Please read prep note above before you begin, thank you!
Step 1: Dissolve the honey in warm water. Add the yeast and gently stir. Set aside.
Step 2: In a small bowl, add egg whites, oil and vinegar. Whip with a whisk or fork until bubbles form and the surface appears frothy.
Step 3: In the bowl that attaches to the stand up mixer, whisk together the dry ingredients. Attach the bowl to the mixer and turn the machine on low.
Step 4: With the mixer on low, pour in the egg mix. Follow with the yeast mix. Turn the mixer to medium-high and blend for 1 minute.
Step 5: Turn the mixer off and spoon the dough into wells of a prepared baguette pan. Try to make each baguette the same size and length. You may either use a spatula or your hands to smooth down the dough with water or the oil and water mixture.
Step 6: Score the dough and allow it to rise for 20 minutes.
Step 7: Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven. To produce steam, pour one cup of water into the shallow oven proof pan that sits on the bottom rack. Quickly close the oven door and set the timer for 20 minutes. The baguettes take about 25 minutes to bake. I set the timer for 20 minutes to check for browning. If baguettes are browning too quickly, tent the pan with foil and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes. A digital read thermometer should register above 200 degrees F/93 C.
Step 8: Remove pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes. Transfer baguettes to the rack to continue cooling before storing.
Enjoy within two days or freeze for up to a month.
To store: The crust of baguettes softens if stored on the counter in a plastic bag or airtight container. We store our bread in either a brown paper bag, or a beeswax coated cloth. To freeze, use a freezer safe container or bag.
The nutrition information below is for the recipe as written using the dairy version of our gluten free bread flour blend, vitamin C powder, honey and avocado oil.
- Serving Size: 2 oz
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: <1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Gluten Free Baguette crostini breadcrumbs simple milk honey