Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins
Good morning! Rise and shine! It’s a lovely day made better by the promise of gluten free Morning Glory Muffins for breakfast, (snack, lunch – it’s all good!) This delicious recipe contains A LOT of ingredients that create magic in your mouth. Don’t let the list intimidate you. Just one bite of these light and moist muffins make the job of baking them worth every bite. Whip up a double batch and freeze the extras. Microwave them for a quick, grab-n-go treat.
Rise and Shine!
What makes our muffins so special? Good question! They are full of healthy goodness. Besides our hippied up GF Flour Farm flour, we use ground organic golden flax seeds packed with omega-3 fatty acids, anti-oxidants and fiber. We also use natural sugars such as organic maple sugar, wild local honey, applesauce and orange juice. Shredded carrots and apples provide texture, sweetness and fiber. If you are out of carrots, substitute zucchini. Gums are nowhere to be found in this recipe, yay!
Please let us know how your gluten free Morning Glory Muffins turned out! We love to receive feedback. Rate this recipe and leave a comment in the section provided below. Thank you.
An important note: this recipe successfully uses Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend. Flour Farm may be purchased through our website or through our partners: Amazon.com & Azure Standard. If you choose to make this with another flour blend, please note that your results may differ.
Peace & LOVE – Teri
P.S. Flour Farm gives back. We are committed to bringing healthy food to members of our community. If you are looking for replacement ingredients, please consider supporting Flour Farm and 2nd Harvest by clicking on this Amazon Associate link. We donate 50% of the profit made from Amazon purchases to 2nd Harvest, which is a local organization dedicated to feeding our children, our community and helping those in need. You will be sent directly to Amazon.com; we do not store any of your information. Thank you and share the love.– Teri & Dave
Recipe Inspiration: Father-In-Law, Lindy. These muffins are by special request. Photos by DuPree Productions; Recipe updated 7.20 for clarity; Special thanks to Sally at SallysBaking Addiction.com. We adapted her recipe to make it gluten free.
Flour Farm’s Gluten Free Baking PhotosPrint
Rise and Shine! Get off to a healthy start with these gluten free Morning Glory Muffins. They are a meal in a muffin. Feel free to substitute any fruit, nut or other add-in to suit your family’s needs. Have a fabulous day.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO, & Organic Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need to swap out an ingredient? Click here for suggestions.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
- 120g (4.2 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (1C + 1.5 T spoon & level)
- 1 tsp Double Acting, Aluminum Free Baking Powder (4.5g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda (2.5g)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (2.5g)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger (.5g)
- 1/4 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (1.5g)
- 2 1/2 T Ground Golden Flax Seeds (18g)
- 30g (1 oz) Chopped Unsalted, Roasted Pecans (1/4 C)
- 2 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (100g)
- 50g (1.8 oz) Pure Maple Sugar or Brown Sugar, packed – (1/4 C)
- 42g (1.5 oz) Honey (1/8 C)
- 40ml (1.4 fl oz) Avocado Oil (about 2 1/2 T)
- 2 T Applesauce (30 ml / 1 fl oz)
- 2 T Orange Juice (30 ml / 1 fl oz)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (5 ml)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (5 ml)
- 40g (1.4 oz) Raisins, soaked (1/4 C)
- 105g (3.7 oz) Shredded Carrot (about 1 C)
- 70g (2.5 oz) Shredded or Diced Apple (about 1/2 C)
- 14g (.5 oz) Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (1/4 C)
Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred), Muffin pan(s), 2 Medium/Large Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Whisk, Grater, Cooling Rack
Before You Dive In – Prep: Please read!
- Bring eggs to room temperature (preferred)
- Shred carrots (large grate)
- Shred (large grate) or dice apple
- Soak raisins for about 10 minutes in warm water, then squeeze out water
- Chop pecans (or whatever nut you choose)
- Ground flax (if you only have whole seeds)
- Move oven rack to center
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius)
- Grease muffin wells (we like to use our non-stick baking Goop,) or place muffin liners in wells
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until blended.
Step 4: Add the raisins, carrot, apple and coconut to the blend. Fold in ingredients until combined.
Step 5: Spoon or scoop batter into prepared muffin wells. Fill 3/4 of the way full (we use a blue #16, 2 oz scoop).
Step 6: Place muffin pan in the center of a preheated 350 F/177 C oven and bake for 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 7: Remove pan from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Pop muffins out of pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Storing and Freezing: Muffins are best the day you bake them or the day after. Freeze extra muffins in a freezer safe container for up to a month for best results.
Nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written using maple sugar.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: muffins
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
Keywords: Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins
For more tasty gluten free recipes by Flour Farm, click on this link!