Gluten Free Harvest Quick Bread
Fall has officially arrived and with it our craving for everything associated with the fall harvest: pumpkin, carrot, apples, and oats, (just to name a few!) – all the good stuff our bodies need at the changing of the season. To celebrate, we created a gluten free Fall Harvest Quick Bread to nourish us through our shortening daylight hours. Start your day in a healthy way with a hunk of Harvest Bread or take it with you on your adventures through corn mazes or apple picking. Anytime is a delicious time to share the love with this recipe.
Pumpkin, Carrot, Apple, Oats
The story of this recipe begins with our dear friends, Aaron and Breanna, who have the most abundant organic farm. They love to share their bounty. So, in addition to our own garden and orchard, we have plenty of harvested delights to stuff into our baked goods – just for the health of it! We decided to take our favorites and bake up a delicious, yet healthy treat. The ingredients speak for themselves: pumpkin, carrot, apple and oats. We combine this powerhouse of goods with only a 1/2 cup of sweetener, which is a far cry from the usual amount used in a quick bread recipe, and our perfect Flour Farm flour blend. The bread is naturally sweet and satisfying.
Tips to Success
Our gluten free Harvest Quick Bread is a super moist bread. Do not read this as wet – it’s moist. In order to prevent soggy bread, you will need to press the juice out of the apple before adding to the mix. This is easy to to do – just grate and press though a fine meshed strainer. You will be amazed at how much juice you can squeeze from a single apple. If you use a juicer, just add in the fiber. If you juice the carrots before adding, you will need to increase the amount of carrot to 1 cup – the details are in the recipe. Also, it helps to tent the bread after 50 minutes of baking time. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Your bread will turn out perfectly balanced.
Please let us know how your gluten free Harvest Bread turned out! We love to receive feedback. Rate this recipe and leave a comment in the section provided below. Thank you.
An important note: this recipe successfully uses Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend. Flour Farm may be purchased through our website or through our partners: Amazon.com & Azure Standard. If you choose to make this with another flour blend, please note that your results may differ.
Peace & LOVE – Teri
P.S. Flour Farm gives back. We are committed to bringing healthy food to members of our community. If you are looking for replacement ingredients, please consider supporting Flour Farm and 2nd Harvest by clicking on this Amazon Associate link. We donate 50% of the profit made from Amazon purchases to 2nd Harvest, which is a local organization dedicated to feeding our children, our community and helping those in need. You will be sent directly to Amazon.com; we do not store any of your information. Thank you and share the love.– Teri & Dave
Photos by DuPree Productions
Pumpkin, Carrot, Apple, Oats – Oh My…Print
Celebrate fall with the season’s bounty and make this delicious gluten free Harvest Quick Bread. Pumpkin, carrot, apple and oats combine to create a powerhouse of nutrition in a loaf. Add nuts or seeds if the desire kicks up.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO & Organic Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need to swap out an ingredient? Click here for suggestions.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
- 156g (5.5 oz) Pure Pumpkin Puree (1/2 C + 2 T)
- 71g (2.5 oz) Shredded Carrot (2/3 C) note: if using the fiber from juiced carrot, increase to 1 C or 128g/4.5 oz
- 57g (2 oz) Pressed or Juiced Shredded Apple (packed 1/4 C) note: try to squeeze as much juice from the apple as possible. Drink the juice!
- 100g (3.5 oz) Cane Sugar (1/2 C)
- 71g (2.5 oz) Rolled Oats (3/4 C)
- 57g (2 oz) Salted Butter, melted and cooled (4 T)
- 59 ml (2 fl. oz) Favorite Oil, we use Avocado Oil (1/4 C)
- 2 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (100g)
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (10 ml)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (5 ml)
- 180g (6.3 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (1 2/3 C spoon & level)
- 2 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (9g)
- 1/2 T Acacia Powder (optional – 4g)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (2.5g)
- 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice or Pumpkin Pie Spice (1.5g)
- 1/2 tsp Allspice (1g)
- 1/2 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (3g)
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper (pinch)
- 1/8 tsp Ascorbic Acid (optional – pinch of Vitamin C)
- Optional – 1/4 – 1/2 C Nuts, toasted and chopped (weight will vary depending on nut type and how finely chopped)
Topping: Optional Ideas
- Sugar and Cinnamon Blend (add a few pinches of cinnamon to 2 T of raw sugar and mix)
- Rolled Oats
- Chopped Nuts
Equipment: Digital scale (preferred), 8.5″ x 4.5″ Loaf Pan, Whisk, Sturdy mixing spoon, Instant Read digital thermometer (preferred), Measuring cups & spoons, Aluminum foil, Mixing bowls, Cooling rack
Before You Dive In – Prep: Please read!
- Prepare pumpkin puree if not using canned pumpkin (click here for a recipe by Inspired Taste)
- Juice the Apple, drink the juice – save the fiber. Grate a med/large apple into a fine mesh sieve. Place the sieve over a bowl and press the juice out. You may have to squeeze it through your fingers to release the most juice.
- Grate the carrot
- Melt and cool the butter
- Move oven rack to center
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C)
- Spray or grease the loaf pan – try our non-stick baking Goop
Step 1: Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with a heavy spoon until fully blended. Set aside. Try to mix the wet ingredients first. This allows the oats to soak for a few minutes before baking.
Step 2: Whisk the dry ingredients together in a separate medium sized bowl.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to fully integrate the dry blend.
Step 4: Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and shape the loaf to gently mound in the middle. Place the pan in the middle of a preheated 375 F/190 C oven. Set the timer for 50 minutes. Tent with foil. Set the timer for an additional 15 minutes, and check for doneness. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf will come out clean. An instant read thermometer should read around 205 F/96 C. You may need an additional 5 minutes to fully bake.
Step 5: Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Tip the pan on its side, shimmy the loaf partially out of the pan and allow the steam to release for several minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely. Store in foil or wrapped in cling. Bread will stay delicious on the counter for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to a month.
Apple Pie Spice: To make your own Apple Pie Spice, add 1 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon, 3/4 tsp ground Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground Allspice, 1/4 tsp ground Cardamom in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Makes one tablespoon. (chelseasmessyapron.com)
Pumpkin Puree: We like Inspired Taste’s recipe for pumpkin puree. The salt is optional, and we do not add it. If using canned pumpkin, our go-to is Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin.
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written without added toppings. Each slice weighs approx. 2 oz (57g).
- Category: quick bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
Keywords: gluten free harvest quick bread
For more sweet gluten free recipes by Flour Farm, visit us at this link.