Gluten free Pumpkin Spice Cake, a warm and spicy seasonal treat that will quickly become your go-to fall dessert.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO & Organic Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need to substitute an ingredient? Click here.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
- 250g (8.8 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (2 1/3 C spoon and level)
- 1 1/2 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (7g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda (4.5g)
- 1 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (6g)
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (3.5g)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (3g)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Allspice (1g)
- 426g (15 oz) Pure Pumpkin Puree, room temp preferred (about 2 C)
- 240 ml (8 fl oz) Favorite Neutral Oil, we use Avocado Oil (1 C)
- 3 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (150g)
- 200g (7 oz) Light Brown Cane Sugar (1 C packed)
- 65g (2.3 oz) Cane Sugar (1/3 C)
- 2 T Pure Maple Syrup (30 ml)
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (10 ml)
- Cream Cheese Frosting (click here for our recipe)
- Powdered Sugar
- Sugar & Cinnamon
Equipment: Digital scale, (preferred), Jelly Roll Pan (10″x15″), Mixing bowls, Measuring cups and spoons, Whisk, Unbleached parchment, Cooling rack
Before You Dive In – Prep: Please read!
- Make homemade pumpkin puree, if using
- Bring eggs and pumpkin puree to room temp, (preferred)
- Move oven rack to center
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 C)
- Grease baking sheet or line with parchment and grease (if you plan to lift the cake out). Try our non-stick baking Goop
Step 1: Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
Step 4: Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the middle of a preheated 350 F/177 C oven. Bake for about 30 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Step 5: Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack. Frost, or top with powdered sugar when completely cool.
Store cake covered in the refrigerator for up to three days or freeze, unfrosted, for up to a month.
Homemade Pumpkin Puree: Making your own puree is so easy! Use sugar pie pumpkins for the best result. Click on the link for a tutorial by Inspired Taste. We use this method and our puree comes out perfect every time, (we do not salt our pumpkin.)
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written without topping. Each slice weighs approx 56g/2 oz.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: cake
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin spice cake