Create a your muffin masterpiece with this basic gluten free Muffins recipe. Add in your favorite ingredients. Look at the notes section for recipe ideas and amounts.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO, & Organic Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need suggestions to swap out an ingredient? Click here.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
- 283g (10 oz) Flour Farm Gluten Free Flour Blend (about 2 1/2 C spoon & level)
- 113g (4 oz) Granulated Cane or Light Brown Cane Sugar, packed (1/2 C)
- 1 T Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (14g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda (3g)
- 1/2 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (3g)
- 1/8 tsp Vitamin C Powder (Ascorbic Acid – optional)
- 236 ml (8 fl. oz) Whole Milk, warm to the touch (1 C)
- 118 ml (4 fl. oz) Neutral Oil (1/2 C)
- 2 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (100g)
- Add Ins – Please read the blog or look in the notes below for recipe ideas
- Extract – Optional, Please read blog or look in the notes below for recipe ideas
- Optional – Raw Sugar, Maple Flakes, Chocolate Chips (examples)
Equipment: Digital scale (preferred), Muffin Pan, Mixing Bowls (m), Measuring Cups and Spoons, Liners – optional, Whisk, Spatula
Before You Dive In – Prep: Please read!
- Bring eggs to room temperature (preferred)
- Warm milk or bring to room temp
- Move oven rack to center
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius)
- If using liners, place 12 liners in muffin wells
- If not using liners, spray or grease muffin wells – try our non-stick baking Goop
Step 1: Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
Step 2: In a separate bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a large spoon. Fold in the add-ins.
Step 4: Fill muffin wells with batter 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle with topping if desired.
Step 5: Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. REDUCE temperature to 375 degrees F (191 degrees Celsius) and continue to bake for about 8 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 6: Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to continue cooling.
Storing: Muffins taste best when eaten within 2 days. Freeze muffins for up to a month in a freezer safe container. Thaw on the counter for a few hours or reheat in the microwave (about 20-30 seconds).
Pear Cardamon: Use 1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1 tsp ground cardamon, 1 Cup (142g/5 oz) diced pear, we use brown sugar
Mini Chocolate Chip: Use 1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1 Cup (170g/6 oz) mini chocolate chips
Maple Bacon: Use 1/2 C (113g/4 oz) maple sugar (not syrup), 1 Cup (113g/4 oz) bacon bits, 2 tsp maple extract
Huckleberry: Use 1 Cup (142g/5 oz) fresh or frozen huckleberries, 1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Strawberry Cream Cheese: 1 Cup (142g/5 oz) fresh finely diced strawberries, 1/4 tsp ground pepper (optional), 1/2 C (113g/4 oz) softened cream cheese (cubed), 1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract (makes 14 muffins)
Sour Cream & Cinnamon: Use 1/2 C + 2 T (148 ml/5 fl. oz) milk, 1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 C (113g/4 oz) sour cream, use brown sugar for best results
Chocolate Almond Butter: 2 T sifted unsweetened cacao, 1 C (170g/6 oz) mini chocolate chips, 1/2 C (113g/4 oz) almond butter (or any nut butter)
Lemon Poppy Seed: 1/2 tsp lemon extract, 1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 2 T poppy seeds, 2 T lemon juice, zest of one lemon
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written using organic ingredients – cane sugar, whole milk, and sunflower oil. Add-ins were not calculated.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: muffins
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 280mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
Keywords: gluten free muffins basic recipe