Enjoy these gluten free Doughnut Muffins! Use freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon to make a world of tasty difference.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO, & Organic Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need suggestions to swap out an ingredient? Click here.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
- 360g (12.7 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (3 1/3 C spoon & level)
- 2 1/2 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (12g)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda (1g)
- 1 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (6g)
- 2 tsp Ground Nutmeg (4.5g)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (1.5g)
- 237 ml (8 fl. oz) Milk, we use whole (1 C)
- 1 T Lemon Juice (15 ml)
- 170g (6 oz) Salted Butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks or 12 T)
- 100g (3.5 oz) Cane Sugar (1/2 C)
- 100g (3.5 oz) Light Brown Cane Sugar, packed (1/2 C)
- 2 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (100g)
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (10 ml)
- 2 T Coarse Cane Sugar, raw or turbinado (28g)
- 2 T Salted Butter, melted (28g)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (3g)
Equipment: Digital scale (preferred), Muffin Pan, Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Liners – optional, Whisk, Grater, Spatula
Before You Dive In – Prep: Please read!
- Combine the milk and lemon juice, set aside to sit for at least 15 minutes
- Bring eggs to room temperature (preferred)
- Grate the nutmeg and cinnamon, if using whole spices
- Melt the butter for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius)
- If using liners, place 12 liners in muffin wells
- If not using liners, spray or grease muffin wells. Click on this link for our super amazing, non-stick, baking goop recipe.
Step 1: Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl or stand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until fluffy.
Step 3: Beat in each egg, one at a time. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
Step 4: Remove the beaters and alternate stirring in the milk mixture and the dry blend. Begin by adding 1/3 dry, follow with 1/2 milk, next add in another 1/3 dry, follow with the rest of the milk and end with the rest of the dry. Scrape down sides of the bowl, and mix until combined. No need to over-mix. The batter will be very thick!
Step 5: Divide the batter between 12 prepared regular muffin wells. Either spoon it in or use an ice cream scoop, (we use the green, 2 2/3 oz scoop.) The batter will be just about even with the top of your wells. Sprinkle the muffins with coarse sugar.
Step 6: Bake in a 425 F/220 C oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375 F/190 C and bake for about 5-8 more minutes. Do not over bake. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
Step 7: Remove muffins from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Brush melted butter over each muffin and then sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Transfer individual muffins to a cooling rack to continue cooling. Store in an airtight container for up to two days, or freeze for up to a month.
Mini-muffins: If you prefer mini-muffins, bake at 350 F/177 C for about 15 minutes. Depending on the size/brand of your mini-muffin pan, the full recipe should yield about 40 mini muffins.
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written using organic turbinado sugar for the topping. Each muffin weighs approximately 85g (3 oz).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: muffins
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 440mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
Keywords: gluten free doughnut muffins