Flour Farm’s gluten free Chocolate Bread is the best tasting Chocobread you will ever proudly serve to your friends and family. Share the love!
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO & Organic Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need to swap out an ingredient? Click here for suggestions.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
- 144g (5 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (1 + 1/3 C spoon & level)
- 36g (1.3 oz) Cocoa Powder (1/2 C spoon & level)
- 2 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (9g)
- 1/2 T Acacia Powder (optional, 4g)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (2.5g)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg (1g)
- 1/2 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (3g)
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper (pinch)
- 1/8 tsp Ascorbic Acid (optional, pinch of Vitamin C Powder)
- 95g (3.3 oz) Mini Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (1/2 C)
- 227g (8 oz) Pure Pumpkin Puree (about 1 C) Note: mashed banana works well, too
- 150g (5.3 oz) Light Brown Cane Sugar (packed 3/4 C)
- 2 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (100g)
- 59 ml (2 fl oz) Neutral Oil – we use sunflower or avocado oil (1/4 C)
- 57g (2 oz) Butter, melted & cooled (4 T or 1/4 C)
- 57g (2 oz) Plain Greek Yogurt (1/4 C)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (5 ml)
- 1 tsp Bakers Coffee Emulsion (5 ml) or 1 tsp Espresso Powder (4g) note: if skipping either of these ingredients, sub in 2 tsp vanilla
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cinnamon & Sugar
Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred), 8.5 x 4.5″ Loaf Pan, Whisk, Sturdy Mixing Spoon, Instant Read Digital Thermometer (preferred), Measuring Spoons & Cups, Aluminum Foil, Mixing Bowls, Silicone Spatula, Cooling Rack
Before You Dive In – Prep: Please Read!
- Bring eggs to room temperature (preferred)
- Melt and cool the butter
- Move oven rack to center
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 C)
- Spray or grease a 8.5 x 4.5″ loaf pan. Try our non-stick baking Goop
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl, add all of the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly using a whisk.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a sturdy mixing spoon until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated.
Step 4: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle chocolate chips or cinnamon and sugar over the top, if using. Place in the center of a preheated 350 F/1177 C oven.
Step 5: Bake for about 55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle may come out looking like melted chocolate, but will not have bread pieces attached to it when the bread is done baking. A digital thermometer may work better to determine doneness. The middle should read about 205 F/96 C.
Step 6: Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to sit on the cooling rack for a few minutes. When the pan is cool enough to touch, turn the pan on it’s side and release the loaf. Allow the loaf to cool on the rack on its side for about 10 minutes. Set top side up to continue cooling.
Step 7: If there is any bread left over after you start into it, wrap it in plastic wrap/foil or seal it in an airtight container. It will stay on the counter for 3 days. Freeze for up to a month.
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written using salted organic butter and avocado oil. Each slice weighs about 45g/1.5 oz.
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: gluten free chocolate bread chocobread