We pair the dynamic duo of sexy cardamom with sweet, fresh pear to make a delicious, gluten free quick bread that will soon become your family’s favorite fall treat.
Choose Gluten Free, Organic & Non-GMO Ingredients.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
Substitutions: Do you need to swap out an ingredient? Click here for suggestions.
- 255g (9 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (2 1/3 C + 1 tsp)
- 2 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (8g)
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom (2g)
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon (2g, use up to a teaspoon to suit your taste)
- 1/2 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (3g)
- 118 ml (4 fl. oz) Avocado Oil, or other neutral oil (1/2 C)
- 113g (4 oz) Unsweetened Applesauce (1/2 C)
- 57g (2 oz) Sour Cream (1/4 C)
- 100g (3.5 oz) Cane Sugar (1/2 C)
- 110g (3.9 oz) Light Brown Sugar (packed 1/2 C)
- 3 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (150g)
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (7.5 ml)
- 142g (5 oz) Fresh Pear, cored and diced (1 C)
Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred,) 8×4″ Loaf Pan, Whisk, Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Silicone Spatula, Grater, Non-Stick Spray or Goop, Cooling Rack
Before You Dive In – Prep:
• Bring eggs to room temperature (preferred)
• Dice pears
• Move oven rack to center
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 C)
• Grease loaf pan with non-stick spray, butter or our non-stick baking Goop
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients except the pear. When fully mixed, stir in the diced pear.
Step 3: Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until all the flour is fully incorporated.
Step 4: Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, (see note below if making muffins.) Bake in the center of a preheated 350 F/177 C oven for approximately 55-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
Step 5: Place pan on a cooling rack for a few minutes before removing bread from the pan. Continue cooling on a rack until you are ready to slice and eat.
To Store: Bread stays moist for two days after baking if stored in an airtight container or wrapping. Freeze for up to a month and thaw on the counter.
Muffins: Preheat oven to 425F/220 C and move oven rack to center. Evenly divide the batter into 12 regular, greased muffin wells. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375 F/190 C and continue baking for about 6 minutes. Tops will appear golden and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean when done.
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written. One 8×4″ loaf yields 15 slices weighing approximately 57g/2 oz each.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
Keywords: Gluten Free Pear Cardamom Quick Bread