We pair the dynamic duo of sexy cardamom with sweet, fresh pear to make a delicious, gluten free quick bread that will soon become your family’s favorite fall treat.
Choose Gluten Free, Organic & Non-GMO Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need to swap out an ingredient? Click here for suggestions.
- 255g (9 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (2 1/3 C + 1 tsp)
- 2 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (8g)
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom (2g)
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon (2g, use up to a teaspoon to suit your taste)
- 1/2 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (3g)
- 118 ml (4 fl. oz) Avocado Oil, or other neutral oil (1/2 C)
- 113g (4 oz) Unsweetened Applesauce (1/2 C)
- 57g (2 oz) Sour Cream (1/4 C)
- 100g (3.5 oz) Cane Sugar (1/2 C)
- 110g (3.9 oz) Light Brown Sugar (packed 1/2 C)
- 3 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (150g)
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (7.5 ml)
- 142g (5 oz) Fresh Pear, cored and diced (1 C)
Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred,) 8×4″ Loaf Pan, Whisk, Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Silicone Spatula, Grater, Non-Stick Spray or Goop, Cooling Rack
Before You Dive In – Prep:
• Bring eggs to room temperature (preferred)
• Dice pears
• Move oven rack to center
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 C)
• Grease loaf pan with non-stick spray, butter or our non-stick baking Goop
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients except the pear. When fully mixed, stir in the diced pear.
Step 3: Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until all the flour is fully incorporated.
Step 4: Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, (see note below if making muffins.) Bake in the center of a preheated 350 F/177 C oven for approximately 55-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
Step 5: Place pan on a cooling rack for a few minutes before removing bread from the pan. Continue cooling on a rack until you are ready to slice and eat.
To Store: Bread stays moist for two days after baking if stored in an airtight container or wrapping. Freeze for up to a month and thaw on the counter.
Muffins: Preheat oven to 425F/220 C and move oven rack to center. Evenly divide the batter into 12 regular, greased muffin wells. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375 F/190 C and continue baking for about 6 minutes. Tops will appear golden and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean when done.
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written. One 8×4″ loaf yields 15 slices weighing approximately 57g/2 oz each.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
Keywords: Gluten Free Pear Cardamom Quick Bread