Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred), 8 x 8″ Square Baking Pan, Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Sturdy Mixing Spoon, Cooling Rack, Whisk
Substitutions: Do you need suggestions to swap out an ingredient? Click here.
Before You Dive In – Prep:
- Prepare homemade sweetened condensed milk, (if using), bring to room temperature
- Prepare homemade butterscotch chips, (if using)
- Lay unbleached parchment on the bottom of pan and grease (skip the parchment if using a USA Pan)
- Move oven rack to center
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 C)
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO, & Organic Ingredients.
- 75g (2.6 oz) Rolled Oats, also called old fashioned oats (3/4 C)
- 60g (2.1 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (1/2 C + 1 tsp)
- 50g (1.8 oz) Light Brown Cane Sugar (1/4 C)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda (1g)
- 1/4 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (1.5g)
- 59ml (2 fl oz) Neutral Oil, we use sunflower oil (1/4 C)
- 1/2 Large Pasture Raised Egg, slightly beaten (25g)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (5 ml)
- 62g (2.2 oz) Mini Chocolate Chips (1/3 C)
(Add more or less depending on your preference. Use the measurements as a guide.)
- 62g (2.2 oz) Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (3/4 C)
- 95g (3.3 oz) Mini Chocolate Chips (1/2 C)
- 85g (3 oz) Butterscotch chips (3/4 C)
- 198g (7 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk (1 C – 2 T or 1/2 of a 14 oz can)
- 57g (2 oz) Chopped Raw Cashews (1/2 C)
Please read prep note above before you begin, thank you!
Step 1: Combine all ingredients for the cookie crust except the chocolate chips. Mix well with a sturdy spoon until all ingredients are incorporated. Press the dough into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the surface of the dough. Gently press the chocolate chips into the dough.
Step 2: Bake in a preheated 350 F/177 C oven in the middle of the center rack for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Remove pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Spread the coconut evenly over the surface. Next, spread an even layer of mini chocolate chips followed by a layer of butterscotch chips. Slowly pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top. Finish with a layer of chopped cashews.
Step 4: Return the pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. The top will appear golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer the pan to the cooling rack. Cool for several hours before cutting. Bars refrigerate well for up to three days or freeze for up to a month.
DIY recipes for sweetened condensed milk and butterscotch chips are listed in the blog above.
Nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written using Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, homemade sweetened condensed milk, and homemade butterscotch chips. Each bar weighs approximately 30g (1 oz).
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 55mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: Gluten Free Magic Bars Oatmeal cookies chocolate chip