Flour Farm has increased the amount of chocolate in their famous Wowzie! Chocolate Chip Cookies to create a new family favorite, gluten free Double the Chocolate Chip Cookies. Soon to be a cookie classic.
This recipe yields about 80 small cookies that weigh approximately 15g or 1/2 oz each. Make them as big as you want – just mind the time.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO, & Organic Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need suggestions to swap out an ingredient? Click here.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
- 232g (8.2 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (2 C + 2 T spoon & level)
- 38g (1.3 oz) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (1/2 C spoon & level)
- 1 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (6g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda (3g)
- 1/2 tsp Double Acting, Aluminum Free Baking Powder (2.5g)
- 340g (12 oz) Mini-Chocolate Chips (2 C)
- 113g (4 oz) Chopped Nuts, optional (1C)
- 227g (8 oz) Butter, softened (1 C or 2 sticks)
- 185g (6.5 oz) Light Brown Sugar (packed 1 C)
- 113g (4 oz) Cane Sugar (1/2 C)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (5 ml)
- 2 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (100g)
Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred), Cookie Sheets, 2 Medium/Large Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Whisk, Spatula, Cooling Rack, Unbleached parchment, Stand Up Blender or Electric Mixer
Before You Dive In – Prep: Please Read!
- Bring butter and eggs to room temperature
- Move oven rack to center
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (191 C)
- Line baking sheets with unbleached parchment (optional)
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
Step 3: Add the eggs one at a time. Beat the dough and thoroughly combine the first egg before adding the second. Beat until both eggs are well blended.
Step 4: Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until you are unable to see any flour mixture.
Step 5: Drop by rounded teaspoons of cookie dough, (or use a small scoop, which is what we use,) onto an ungreased cookie sheet covered with a sheet of parchment (optional.)
Step 6: Place cookies in the center of a preheated 375 F/191 C oven and bake for 9-10 minutes.
Step 7: Allow cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing and transferring to a cooling rack. Eat within two days or freeze. Also, do not store cookies with a lid until completely cool or cookies will lose their crisp.
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written using lightly salted organic butter. Each cookie weighs about 15g (1/2 oz).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: gluten free double chocolate chip cookies