Yay! Gluten Free Vegan Baguettes that taste amazing. Delish. Fabulous. They also make crostini, croutons and breadcrumbs that are out of this world.
Make it Vegan
We adapted our original gluten free baguettes made with nonfat milk and egg whites to accommodate the dietary needs of a vegan lifestyle or individuals with particular allergies. If you would like to check out the original recipe, click here. We hope you enjoy our baguettes as much as we do! Please let us know about your experience with this recipe in the comment section below. We enjoy hearing from you!
An important note: this recipe successfully uses Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend. This blend is found online at Amazon.com or in a few local grocery stores. If you choose to make this with another flour blend, please note that your results may differ.
Peace & LOVE – Teri
P.S. Flour Farm gives back. We are committed to bringing healthy food to members of our community. If you are looking for equipment or ingredients used to make this recipe, please consider supporting Flour Farm and 2nd Harvest by clicking on the Amazon Associate links provided below. We donate 50% of the profit made from Amazon purchases to 2nd Harvest, which is a local organization dedicated to feeding our children, our community and helping those in need. You will be sent directly to Amazon.com; we do not store any of your information. Thank you and share the love. – Teri & Dave
Products from Amazon.com
Mrs. Anderson's Baking 43671 Double Baguette Pan, 15.375-Inches x 6.25-Inches, Non-Stick Carbon SteelPrice: $11.94Was: $12.60
Price: $29.96Was: $31.95
Price: Check on Amazon
Recipe Inspiration: VegFest, Spokane
Photos by DuPree Productions
Recipe updated on 12/13/18 for clarification
Equipment: Digital scale (preferred), Baguette pan, Stand mixer with paddle attachment, Whisk, Silicone spatula, Instant Read digital thermometer, Measuring spoons & cups, Aluminum foil, Mixing bowls (s), Non-stick spray, Cooling rack
Before You Dive In – Prep:
- Warm water to just above room temperature
- Make ahead Flour Farm Bread Flour Mix. Click on the bold link for the recipe.
- Move oven rack to center
- Place an oven safe, shallow pan on the bottom rack
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit Convection (204 degrees Celsius)
- Spray the baguette pan with non-stick spray
- Make your own non-stick spray (if using) with one part oil to five parts water. We like to spray the top of the loaf with this mix before putting into the oven.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO & Organic Ingredients.
- 148 ml (5 fl oz) Warm Filtered or Spring Water (1/2 C + 2 T)
- 1 T Cane Sugar (14g)
- 2 1/4 tsp of Active or Rapid Rise Yeast (7.5g)
- 3 tsp Bobs Red Mill Egg Replacer (12g) (If you use a different brand, follow instructions for 2 egg whites)
- 4 T Filtered Water (60 ml or 2 oz)
- 1 T Avocado Oil (or oil of choice – 15 ml)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (4g)
- 250g (8.8 oz) Flour Farm Bread Flour Mix -See Prep Note Above (2 C + 1T) Do not use Flour Farm flour without blending first. Link for recipe provided above.
- 3/4 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (5g)
- 1/2 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (2.5g)
- 1/8 tsp Vitamin C Powder – Optional (pinch of Ascorbic Acid)
- 2 tsp Acacia Powder (5g) – Click on this link to read why we use this prebiotic fiber
Extra Water for Dough
- 2 T Filtered Water – Room Temp (30 ml or 1 oz)
- Have ready 1 C of water (237 ml or 8 oz)
Please read prep note above before you begin, thank you!
Step 1: Dissolve the sugar in warm water. Add the yeast and gently stir. Set aside.
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix the egg replacer with water. Allow the mix to sit for one minute. Mix well and then add the oil. Whip with a whisk or fork until thoroughly blended. DO NOT ADD THE VINEGAR YET. You will add the vinegar to the mix just before adding to the dry blend in Step 4.
Step 3: In the bowl that attaches to the stand up mixer, whisk together the dry ingredients. Attach the bowl to the mixer and turn the machine on low.
Step 4: Add the vinegar to the egg mixture and stir once. With the mixer on low, quickly pour in the egg mix. Follow with the yeast mix. Turn the mixer to medium-high and blend. Add the extra 2 T of water to the mix as it is blending. Continue to mix on medium-high for 1 minute.
Step 5: Turn the mixer off and spoon the dough into wells of a prepared baguette pan. Try to make each baguette the same size and length. You may either use a spatula or your hands to smooth down the dough with water or the oil and water mixture.
Step 6: Score the dough and allow it to rise for 20 minutes.
Step 7: Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven. To produce steam, pour one cup of water into the shallow oven proof pan that sits on the bottom rack. Quickly close the oven door and set the timer for 20 minutes. The baguettes take about 25 minutes to bake. I set the timer for 20 minutes to check for browning. If baguettes are browning too quickly, tent the pan with foil and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes. A digital read thermometer should register above 200 degrees F/93 C.
Step 8: Remove pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes. Transfer baguettes to the rack to continue cooling before storing.
Enjoy within two days or freeze for up to a month.
To store: The crust of baguettes softens if stored on the counter in a plastic bag or airtight container. We store our bread in either a brown paper bag, or a beeswax coated cloth. To freeze, use a freezer safe container or bag.
The nutrition information below is for the recipe as written using the non-dairy version of our gluten free bread flour blend, vitamin C powder, and avocado oil.
- Category: bread
- Serving Size: 2 oz
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 170mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: gluten free vegan baguettes crostini croutons breadcrumbs