Hectic mornings require a quick and healthy, grab-n-go option. Whip up a double batch of these delightful gluten free vegan breakfast cookies and share the love!
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO & Organic Ingredients.
Substitutions: Do you need to swap out an ingredient? Click here for suggestions.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
- 158g (5.6 oz) Gluten Free Quick Oats (1 3/4 C)
- 27g (1 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (1/4 C)
- 2 T Ground Golden Flax Seed (14g)
- 1/2 tsp Double Acting, Aluminum Free Baking Powder (2g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda (2.5g)
- 1/2 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (3g)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (1.5g)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Allspice (.5g)
Fun Part – Choose your favorite ingredients and use the measurements as a guide
- 250g (8.8 oz) Mashed Ripe Banana OR Applesauce OR Pureed Pumpkin (a full, slightly rounded cup)
- 125g (4.4 oz) Nut or Non-Nut Butter (1/2 C)
- 2 T Liquid Sweetener such as Coconut Nectar OR Maple Syrup OR Honey OR Agave (30 ml)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (5 ml)
- 70g (2.5 oz) Chopped Nuts (1/2 C)
- 1/3 C Mini Chips or Dried Fruit, chopped (weight will vary – but about 57g or 2 oz)
Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred), Cookie Sheets, Mixing Bowls (2), Whisk, Sturdy Mixing Spoon, Measuring Spoons & Cups, Cutting Board, Sharp Knife, Unbleached Parchment, Cooling Rack
Before You Dive In – Prep:
- Mash bananas, if using
- Chop nuts to desired size
- Chop dried fruit to desired size, if using
- Line cookie sheets with unbleached parchment
- Move oven rack to center
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 C)
Step 1: Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl, stir together the fun part.
Step 3: Add the dry blend to the fun part and mix with a sturdy spoon until fully integrated.
Step 4: Use a 3/4 oz or #40 scoop to drop cookie dough onto unbleached parchment. Space about 2 inches (5cm) apart. Use damp fingers to gently press the cookies down a bit. Take care not to flatten them like pancakes!
Step 5: Bake in the center of a preheated 350F/177C oven for 13-14 minutes. Longer cooking time or convection setting will create a crunchier bite.
Step 6: Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooing rack. Cool completely before storing.
To store: If storing on the counter, cover loosely or cookies will become very soft. Eat within two days. We store them in the freezer and take them out as needed. They thaw quickly, and taste great cold!
The nutrition information provide below is for breakfast cookies made with banana, unsalted almond butter, chopped almonds, coconut nectar and mini chocolate chips. Each cookie weighs about 23g or .8 oz.
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: gluten free vegan breakfast cookies