Good morning! Rise and shine! It’s a lovely day made better by the promise of gluten free Morning Glory Muffins for breakfast. This delicious recipe contains A LOT of ingredients that create magic in your mouth. Don’t let the list intimidate you. Just one bite of these light and moist muffins make the job of baking them worth every bite. Whip up a double batch and freeze the extras. Microwave them for a quick morning (or anytime!) treat.
What makes these muffins special?
Good question! Besides our hippied up Flour Farm flour, we use ground organic golden flax seeds packed with omega-3 fatty acids, anti-oxidants and fiber. We also use natural sugars such as organic maple sugar, wild local honey, applesauce and orange juice. Shredded carrots and apples provide texture, sweetness and fiber. If you are out of carrots, substitute zucchini. Gums are nowhere to be found in this recipe, yay!
Special thanks to Sally’s Baking Addiction for her delicious inspiration. Her original recipe can be found here.
An important note: this recipe successfully uses Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend. This blend is found online at Amazon.com or in a few local grocery stores. If you are unable to locate it please send us a message, and our team will get it out to you. If you choose to make this with another flour blend, please note that your results may differ.
Peace & LOVE – Teri
P.S. Flour Farm gives back. We are committed to bringing healthy food to members of our community. If you are looking for equipment or ingredients used to make this recipe, please consider supporting Flour Farm and 2nd Harvest by clicking on the Amazon Associate links provided below. We donate 50% of the profit made from Amazon purchases to 2nd Harvest, which is a local organization dedicated to feeding our children, our community and helping those in need. You will be sent directly to Amazon.com; we do not store any of your information. Thank you and share the love! – Teri & Dave
Recipe Inspiration: Father-In-Law, Lindy. These muffins are by special request.
Photos by DuPree Productions
Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred), Muffin pan(s), 2 Medium/Large Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Whisk, Grater, Cooling Rack
Substitutions: Do you need suggestions to swap out an ingredient? Click here.
Before You Dive In – Prep:
- Bring eggs to room temperature (preferred)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius)
- Shred carrots (large grate)
- Shred (large grate) or dice apple
- Soak raisins for about 10 minutes in warm water, then squeeze out water
- Chop pecans
- Ground flax if you only have whole seeds
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO, & Organic Ingredients.
- 120g (4.2 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (1C + 1.5 T)
- 1 tsp Double Acting, Aluminum Free Baking Powder (4.5g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda (2.5g)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (2.5g)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger (.5g)
- 1/4 tsp Extra Fine Pink Himalayan Salt (1.5g)
- 2 1/2 T Ground Golden Flax Seeds (18g)
- 30g (1 oz) Chopped Unsalted, Roasted Pecans (1/4 C)
- 2 Large Pasture Raised Eggs (100g)
- 50g (1.8 oz) Pure Maple Sugar or Brown Sugar – packed (1/4 C)
- 42g (1.5 oz) Honey (1/8 C)
- 40ml (1.4 fl oz) Avocado Oil (about 2 1/2 T)
- 2 T Applesauce (30 ml / 1 fl oz)
- 2 T Orange Juice (30 ml / 1 fl oz)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (5 ml)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (5 ml)
- 40g (1.4 oz) Soaked and Drained Raisins (1/4 C)
- 105g (3.7 oz) Shredded Carrot (about 1 C)
- 70g (2.5 oz) Shredded or Diced Apple (about 1/2 C)
- 14g (.5 oz) Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (1/4 C)
Please read prep note above before you begin. Thank you!
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until blended.
Step 4: Add the raisins, carrot, apple and coconut to the blend. Fold in ingredients until combined.
Step 5: Spoon or scoop batter into prepared muffin wells. Fill 3/4 of the way full (we use a blue #16, 2 oz scoop).
Step 6: Place muffin pan in the center of a preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 7: Remove pan from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Pop muffins out of pan and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Storing and Freezing: Muffins are best the day you bake them or the day after. Freeze extra muffins in a freezer safe container for up to a month for best results.
Nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
Keywords: Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins Moist