Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred), Griddle or Skillet, 2 Medium Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Whisk, Spatula, Receiving Plate or Platter (I like to warm mine in the oven)
Substitutions: Do you need suggestions to swap out an ingredient? Click here.
Before You Dive In – Prep:
- Melt and cool the coconut oil if using.
- Combine non-dairy milk and lemon juice or vinegar in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Heat and grease the griddle or pan. See tip in Notes below.
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO, & Organic ingredients.
- 120g (4.2 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (1C + 1 1/2 T)
- 1 T Cane Sugar (14g)
- 1 T Non Aluminum Double Acting Baking Powder (14g)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda (1.5g)
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (3g)
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum (1g)
- 236 ml (8 oz) Non-dairy Milk (1 C)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar (5 ml)
- 1 T Neutral Oil or Coconut Oil – melted and cooled (15 ml or .5 fl oz)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (5 ml)
Please read prep instructions above before you begin, thank you!
Step 1: In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the non-dairy milk and lemon juice or vinegar. Set aside.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Step 3: To the milk mix, whisk in the oil and vanilla.
Step 4: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
Step 5: Pour about 1/4 cup of batter – or your desired amount if making shapes or minis – per pancake onto the hot griddle. When the edges start to dry and the bubbles on the surface are popping, your pancakes are ready to flip. Use a spatula, or your very gifted pancake flipping technique, to flip them over.
Step 6: Cook the other side. Your pancakes are done when you gently poke the middle of the surface with your finger and the cake springs back. If your finger leaves a dent, the pancake needs to cook a bit longer.
Step 7: Remove pancakes from the skillet and transfer to a warm receiving platter. Top immediately and enjoy!
Tip: We start heating the pan or griddle as part of our prep process. The success of vegan pancakes depends on a hot pan – about 325-350 degrees F/165-177 C. We heat a skillet on medium high and then just before we add in the wet ingredients, we reduce the heat to medium low and that works for us.
Variations: Add a variation such as berries, banana, chocolate chips or your favorite treat.
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written using avocado oil, almond milk, and lemon juice. One pancake weighs about 40 grams (1.5 oz).
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes