Gluten Free Fudgy Vegan Brownies
Alright – roll out the red carpet. Gluten free fudgy vegan brownies are on the A-list. They are moist, chewy and oozing with double chocolatey goodness. Oh- and did I mention that they are gum free and oil free? They are also lower in sugar than a traditional brownie recipe. Yep! Bite me, vegan brownies for the most discerning, groovy brownie lover.
Bite me! RÜT
Special thanks to our friend, Josh Lorenzen, Executive Chef at RÜT Spokane. RÜT is an awesome vegan restaurant specializing in an upscale yet casual approach to vegan dining. Josh challenged us to create a vegan brownie recipe worthy of his menu. These brownies are definitely worthy of his pallet – he loved them! We hope you love them as much as we do. They are made with loads of love.
Best Vegan Brownies
Here are a few tips to making the best vegan brownies.
- Bake brownies using convection in the top third of your oven. The convection program ensures that the crust of your brownies get as crusty as possible.
- Choose either tofu or pumpkin as your filler. Tofu will give you a more spongy, fudge texture. Pumkin provides a rich, fudgy texture that we prefer over tofu. Both taste delicious. It’s up to you!
- Use psyllium husk fiber. We do not use xanthan gum in this recipe, but if you do use it, use only about 1/2 tsp.
- Use agar agar for a firmer, fudgy texture. Especially if you like to top with ice cream. If you skip the agar powder, your brownies will taste more chocolatey-gooey.
- Mini chocolate chips are awesome in this recipe. Bits of chocolate melt in the mouth with every bite. YUM!
- You can use two teaspoons of vanilla instead of one plus the coffee bakery emulsion. Or you can add two teaspoons of espresso powder in place of the emulsion.
Please leave feedback and provide a comment and rating in the section provided below our gluten free Fudgy Vegan Brownie Recipe. We love to hear from you! Also, if you would like to check out our original GF Fudge Brownie recipe, click here.
An important note: this recipe successfully uses Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend. This blend is found online at Amazon.com or in a few local grocery stores. If you choose to make this with another flour blend, please note that your results may differ.
Peace & LOVE – Teri
P.S. Flour Farm gives back. We are committed to bringing healthy food to members of our community. If you are looking for equipment or ingredients used to make this recipe, please consider supporting Flour Farm and 2nd Harvest by clicking on this Amazon Associate link. We donate 50% of the profit made from Amazon purchases to 2nd Harvest, which is a local organization dedicated to feeding our children, our community and helping those in need. You will be sent directly to Amazon.com; we do not store any of your information. Thank you and share the love.– Teri & Dave
Photos by DuPree ProductionsPrint
Gluten Free Fudgy Vegan Brownies
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 brownies 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Super star gluten free Vegan Brownies. Moist, chewy, fudgy, and oozing with chocolatey goodness. Bite me!
Choose Gluten Free, Non-GMO & Organic Ingredients.
Note: If clicking the 2X or 3X scale boxes to the right, please know that weights listed in parentheses below may or may not change. Please take care to check amounts if increasing the recipe.
Substitutions: Do you need to swap out an ingredient? Click here.
- 50g (1.8 oz) Unsweetened Cacao Powder, sifted (2/3 C)
- 60g (2.1 oz) Flour Farm Organic Gluten Free Flour Blend (1/2 C + 1/2 T spoon & level)
- 1 tsp Aluminum Free, Double Acting Baking Powder (4.5g)
- 1 T Psyllium Husk Fiber, not the powder (5g)
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (3g)
- 1/2 tsp Agar Agar Powder (1.5g)
- 2 1/2 T Corn Starch (20g)
- 85g (3 oz) Mini Chocolate Chips (1/2 C)
- 113g (4 oz) Unsweetened Applesauce (1/2 C)
- 100g (3.5 oz) Cane Sugar (1/2 C)
- 110g (3.9 oz) Light Brown Cane Sugar (packed 1/2 C)
- 85g (3 oz) Pumpkin Puree or Silken Tofu (Scant 1/2 C)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (5 ml)
- 1 tsp Coffee Bakery Emulsion (5 ml) or omit and use 2 tsp Vanilla or 2 tsp of Espresso Powder
- Mini Chocolate Chips (scatter on top to taste – about 1/4 C)
Equipment: Digital Scale (preferred,) 8×8″ Baking Pan, Whisk, Mixing Bowls, Measuring Cups and Spoons, Silicone Spatula, Electric Mixer, Non-Stick Spray or Goop, Cooling Rack
Before You Dive In – Prep: please read!
- Move oven rack to top third of oven
- Preheat oven to Convection 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 C)
- Grease pan with non-stick spray, butter or our baking Goop
Step 1: Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Step 2: Beat together the wet ingredients at medium-high speed for about 1-2 minutes. Be mindful that tofu takes a bit longer to incorporate. Scrape down the bowl and stir.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a sturdy spoon until dry mix is fully incorporated.
Step 4: Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Smooth out the top, and evenly sprinkle chocolate chips. Bake in a preheated 350 F/ 177 C convection oven on the top third rack for 20-23 minutes. The middle will feel soft to the touch – no jiggles.
Step 5: Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Variations: Please feel free to play with this recipe and add spices or flavorings to create your own masterpiece. For example, make Mayan brownies with a kick. Add Ancho chili powder to the mix, or cayenne pepper. Also, try mint, peanut butter chips or vegan peppermint bark. Have fun!
The nutrition information provided below is for the recipe as written using organic pureed pumpkin and Coffee Bakery Emulsion. If you opt for tofu, the following information changes: Calories 120. Each brownie weighs about 34g (1 oz.)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Gluten Free Vegan Brownies
For more gluten free dessert recipes by Flour Farm, click on this link!